Old 03-05-2006, 03:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Darryl

Default Honeysuckle

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Mack said:

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:17:28 -0400, "Sarah Meagher"
wrote:
Note Tom's comments. Just be sure to realize that honeysuckle is a
vine only as far as I'm aware. It's not a bush or shrub.

Untrue. There are many varieties of Lonicera (150+). Some are vines, some
are shrubs. Some species are invasive to the point of being parasitic,
while others are simply nice, fragrant plants.

We have several scattered around our new yard, all shrubs. One is 15'
tall & wide.

The stupid berries look so tasty, and 1 or 2 of the OTHER shrubs in my
yard produce edible berries, so I kept confusing which ones I could eat
& which ones I couldn't. We just bought the house last summer. Plus,
I'd think "Well, maybe they just weren't ripe yet last month!".

I'd spend the next 10 minutes walking around the yard spitting & going
"Akkk".

Now I make a special effort to remember which berries are edible.