Old 03-05-2006, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Pressure from water butt

Halmyre wrote:
Broadback wrote:
I have a Gardena Water computer, the instructions say it works with a
minimum dynamic operating pressure of 1 bar. What sort of pressure do
you get from a water butt, say mounted a foot above ground level and
1/3 full? It would be nice to use it while away, as I am now on a
water meter I can just see a problem occurring while away and water
streaming out!

Pressure at the outlet of the barrel is purely due to the height of
water above the outlet. You'd need a column of water about 33 feet high
to generate 1 bar of pressure.

Thanks folk, I guess as a drip, I'd better just let it drip. ;-)

--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.