Old 03-05-2006, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian

Default Brambles

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Ian" contains these words:

Hello group.

I have a bramble problem. They are growing in a bunch of bushes. I cut
them
back, but the buggers keep coming up again.

The roots are hard/impossible to get at without destroying the
plants/bushes
i want to keep.

What is the best way to kill them off?

Cut off all the bramble stems low down, and paint the raw surfaces
before they dry up, with a heavy duty brushkiller such as SBK
(available from any GC) .

Janet

Thanks Janet,

Will give that a try. I have been out cutting them back this pm, but will
not get a chance to do what you suggest till Sunday - is this too long to
leave the cut stems before treating them?

Ta

Ian