Old 05-05-2006, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Automatic Watering Timers

I have ordered some cheapo tubes and pipes over e-bay (19euro including
postage) to rig up a watering system for me greenhouse. I intend
trying to connect this to a tank (old plastic dustbin to be used as
water butt for greenhouse gutter and/or filled every few days) and to
use a timer like the ones from
http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatal...er_Timers.html

Some of these can be used at pressures of 0.1 to 12 bar.
Does anyone have any experience of any automatic timers?
I need it to be batter operated and able to work at low pressure.
The Claber ones on teh above page look appropriate.

I know one person posted here a few weeks ago with a cheap one
connected to teh mains which broke. I would hate to connect anything
to teh mains and find 2 weeks of water all over the garden when I got
back which is why I want to go for the dustbin method.

Des in soggy Dublin