Old 05-05-2006, 07:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Pat

Default Started my pond today

I bought the liner last fall. This pond replaces a above ground swimming
pool that I have been using for the last few years. The filters are up by
my house. 10 or so. Most visitors consider them to be additional
ponds/creeks/waterfalls. There are also some additional conventional
filters in large poly tanks beside my house. These filters are well
established and been in use for years. The new pond is down hill and holds
the pump. The pump sends the water up the hill to the filters which returns
by gravity to the pond. I gave away my lilies when I removed the swimming
pool. I will probably get more. I have 10 albino channel cats 2 feet long
and assorted Koi and goldfish. All happy in a filter by the house until the
new pond is ready. This pond will be more formal with a knee high wall
surrounding it. You can see the pallets of block sitting in the back of the
last picture.

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

"Pat" wrote in message
11,000 gallons

This wont be lined pond will it? How do you plan to make it watertight?
I may have missed an earlier post by you, but is this to be filtered and
for fish and plants both, or a more natural pond?
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.