Old 05-05-2006, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Plague of wasps?

"Trevor" wrote in message
Anyone else suffering a plague of Queen wasps?

We're getting around 8 per day in the house on average.

I can guarantee one in the bedroom by around 0600, given the sun hitting

the
east facing side of the house.

Trevor
East Yorkshire

ps the only other people I've heard of with the same problem is out
adjoining neighbours, whilst the next neighbours 50m away wonder what I'm

on
about.

I'm wondering now if the wood chip paths between my raised beds has

anything
to do with it?

You are not alone, this has been the most active 'queen wasp season' I can
remember for ages, and other people have remarked on it, too.