Old 05-05-2006, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default It was a lovely day - but...

Sue wrote:
That is, until some berk down the road
decided to light an *enormous* garden bonfire! The wind gusting about
made sure the whole neighbourhood was smoked out. I do wish people would
be more considerate and wait til later in the evening. :-/

--
Sue

I have this problem too Sue and it is really infuriating. We have a
neighbour, who I'm sure has a fire fettish. Every time we get a nice
evening she goes out and lights her dustbin fire. She did this a
couple of days ago and not only was I outside gardening but I also had
a load of whites drying on the line which were well within her view!
How inconsiderate can you get? I also wish she would wait until later
in the evening to light her precious fires. i.e. after dark so that
those of us who like to enjoy beautiful evenings outside are not forced
to retreat indoors.

I don't like to fall out with people as I'm pretty much a peaceful
person, let alone fall out with a neighbour, which is never a good idea
BUT I think I may have to have a word with her next time she does it.
:-/

Gail