Old 06-05-2006, 05:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Using a reel mower

"George.com" wrote:
I had my first trial today using a reconditioned reel mower I recently
purchased. I am interested in any tips experienced reel mower user have
for a good cut.

My first attempt was mixed. It took a little while to find a good cutting
height (some areas of the lawn got scalped) and I noted one end of the
blade didn't cut well (blades are sharp however) as it had some stone
damage at some point.

My lawn is also a little undulating so it skipped across several points
and bent the grass flat rather than taking a uniform slice off. The grass
was also damp which may have affected it.

The cut grass, especially clover, however I noticed was more finely
sliced than using a rotary.

ANything I should be doing/not doing?

rob

What type of grass are you cutting with your reel mower? Those are great
for level bent.