Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Simon

Default Automatic Watering Timers

Sla#s wrote:
wrote:
SNIP

Does anyone have any experience of any automatic timers?

I bought one of the B&Q ones this time last year - It worked well at first
then 'crashed' and would not reset. (Though subsequently I think it could
have been reset by leaving the battery out overnight) However they gave me a
replacement without argument and it worked well for the rest of the year and
is back in action again now.
As I only use it with mains pressure I cannot say how well it would work
with a low pressure system.

Slatts

Got one from aldi last year, battery operated. Worked fine all season. I
did leave it connected to the outside pipe over winter which seems to
have broken it doh!. Cost about £12 and had many program options.
Wilkinsons also do an irrigation kit with lots of drippers, connectors
and about 40ft of 5ml black tubing - this was £7.99 last year.