Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Dug up my tulips....

In article 200605061554158930%Sorry@spamsucksnet,

On 2006-05-03 21:41:32 -0400, "higgledy" said:

I am just moving them to a new place in my yard. I cut off the yellowed
leaves. Do I pull the thick brown layer from the bulbs? Do I seperate
the bulb clusters?

Thanks,
Phil

Are they perennial tulips? If not don't bother, chuck them out and
plant new ones come fall. They don't do well the 2nd year I find.

I treat them like annuals. Seems the warm summer weather is not a
good thing for tulips.

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade