Old 06-05-2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Training Cattleya leaves?

My Cattleyas seem to send out new growth in the horizontal! Can they be
trained to grow near straight up? Do you just tug and tie? I am using
all plastic ties to avoid cutting them with wire (currently on old
leaves to get/keep them straight). Should I just let them run wild? My
plants are on benches under trees in my yard just east of Houston, all
are showing new growth, all are newly in S/H. I won't even mention my
Oncidiums, which are growing in a starburst pattern!