Old 06-05-2006, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tickettyboo

Default Growing stuff in containers on top of a wal..suggestions please

At the bottom of our garden, the boundary wall steps down ( its about 4
and a half to 5ft high at this point) On the other side of it is the
ugliest shed in three counties g

I don't want to plant something at ground level that would then grow high
enough to screen the shed, but did think of bunging some containers on the
top of the wall that would maybe have something in that would grow to
about 1 metre high. My ideal would be something like bamboo or ornamental
grass, dont want pretty flowers down that end of the garden. That side of
the garden is shady in the morning and sunny in the afternoon/early
evening ( when its not tiddling down like it has this afternoon)

Is the idea totally impractical? ( obviously they would have to be watered
and I can manage that part) If not, does anyone have any suggestions for
plants please
Thanks

--
Ticketty᧧