Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tickettyboo

Default Growing stuff in containers on top of a wal..suggestions please

In ,
BoyPete whispered softly in my ear...:
Tickettyboo wrote:
did think of bunging some
containers on the top of the wall that would maybe have something in
that would grow to about 1 metre high.

snip
does anyone have any
suggestions for plants please

'lo Boo
I had a similar problem last year, in that I wanted to screen my
garden from my neighbours front door. Wall is approx 5'6" high. I
screwed an arch of trellis to the wall, and fixed two largish
planters to it, and bunged in some ivy. As it grows, thread it in and
out of the trellis..........hey presto, a screen. Being in
containers, they will want daily watering in summer. Can't show a
pic, cos I just took them down.........part of a new project

Hiya Pete :-) Hmm..not sure about ivy, lol I got rid of a huge lot of it
before we had the garden zapped and am paranoid at checking to make sure
it aint gonna revive from about 3 feet down ( which is where I 'pruned' it
to)
The shed is fairly near that wall and ivy might just leap over. Its a
hideous shed, but it aint mine and I would feel bad if something
encroached on it without permission.

--
Ticketty᧧