Old 06-05-2006, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Whitefly- organic control (if any)?

VX wrote:
Would organic controls for aphids (predators where possible and spraying with
soap solution) be effective for whitefly- or do I need other strategies?

They are related to each others and I treat them in the same way - I
zap them off the leaves and branches with my hose pipes, spray soapy
water on them or rub them off with my finger and cut branches/leaves
which are heavily infected. I actually find whiteflies easier to knock
off their perches - perhaps their larger wings destabilise them )