Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Started my pond today

On Sat, 6 May 2006 18:00:49 -0700, "Pat"
wrote:

I think I have something in mind like your vortex filters except I call them
settling basins. I was going to use plastic barrels. The problem I see
with vortex filters is the price. $400 each. I had to clean my pump weekly
in the old pond. I want to catch the debris before the pump this time. If
I taper the bottom of the barrel with some concrete I think it would work
the same as an expensive vortex filter.

What's the diameter of your barrels? Hmmm, not sure, but I don't think my
sister paid that much/barrel. Would you like me to check with her? ~ jan