Old 07-05-2006, 04:02 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default 2 baby koi, 1 baby plant

"~ janj" wrote in message
news
My surprises this week:

I found 2 small koi (~3") in the upper pond. I thought I had a couple
little ones in there before winter came, but didn't see them when I took
the screens off this spring. Discovered them still hiding in the same
place
under a plant basket. I've been tossing some sinking food in that area, as
they're not brave enough to come out an eat with the big boys.

Then today I went to move the taros, bog lily and palms out. Discovered
the
violet stemmed taro had made a baby (runner) over in the Black Magic
taro's
basket. ~ jan

There may be more than just the two you see. You may have even more hiding
in and around the plants. We missed 9 or 10 small ones when we netted the
300+ for the pet shop. We had moved the plants to another pool to get them
out of our way. When I came back and returned them to the larger tank....
there they were! :-(

--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.