Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Tilly1959 Tilly1959 is offline
Registered User

Default Invasion of pests on Ivy

Hi, I'm a newcomer to this site and not really a gardener!

My neighbour has allowed her Ivy to overgrow over the fence and up the wall of my house - it is infested with tiny black crawlies - Aphids? Spider mite? my problem is that for the past two weeks, I have not been able to open my windows or patio doors without these crawlies invading the inside of my house!
Ivy has also grown onto my roof - can this cause damage? can it get into my loft? block gutters?

Neighbour does not seem that bothered but I am getting really angy that my patio, window frames and walls are infested with 100's of crawliles. Any advice would be welcomed of how I can get rid of the bugs. Thanks