Old 07-05-2006, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French

Default Automatic watering again

In message , doug adams
writes
Some years ago I had a system whereby a tap fed a hose line along which
were fed hollow spikes which you stuck into the soil near each plant and
each contained a device which monitered the measure of humidity such that
when the soil dried it reached a certain dryness point wherupon a valve
opened and water was released until control until the wetness reached the
shut -off point.
That's all I can remember!. Except that the person running the business
was. - like me, - recently honourably discharged from H.M.'s Royal Air
Force. If anyone discovers the name of the Firm mentioned and it is still

I doubt it is the same company, but it sounds very similar to the
Blaumat system:

http://www.blumat.info/

--
Chris French