Old 07-05-2006, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross

Default 2-post arbor for wisteria

Virgil Caine wrote:
I am trying to build an arbor with just two posts for a wisteria that seems
to be healthy and growing this spring (Zone-5, OHIO- Cincinnati's Northern
Suburb). I just put in two posts on either side in concrete. Now- I have to
put the top structure to carry the vines. Can any one suggest a simple plan
for a novice with no extensive wood working equipment?

Instead of a complete structure, consider wire rope. See my
http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_grapes.html for how I did this for
grape vines. In my case, I had two vines and three posts. You can
modify this arrangement for a single vine and two posts. I will be
doing that when my slipped hill is repaired; the restored landscape will
have a third vine by itself.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean