Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

Default Humpy-Bumpy lawn

Savage wrote:
This year my lawn is more rough than the past few summers since I bought
the house. Its difficult to even walk on!

What can be done to smooth it out without stripping off the sod and
starting new? Would running a seed roller over it the aerating help?

I would like a good solution to this, also. Renting a lawn roller and
towing it around behind my tractor just doesn't improve the situation.

Most likely I'll have to add top soil+seeds+starter fertilizer to the
low spots and hand tamp. That's going to take several years.