Old 07-05-2006, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Invasion of pests on Ivy

"Tilly1959" wrote in message

Hi, I'm a newcomer to this site and not really a gardener!

My neighbour has allowed her Ivy to overgrow over the fence and up the
wall of my house - it is infested with tiny black crawlies - Aphids?
Spider mite?

ID and possible solution = http://www.ivy.org/betbg.html

my problem is that for the past two weeks, I have not been
able to open my windows or patio doors without these crawlies invading
the inside of my house!
Ivy has also grown onto my roof - can this cause damage? can it get
into my loft? block gutters?

Yes and Yes
Get up there and prune HARD

Neighbour does not seem that bothered but I am getting really angy that
my patio, window frames and walls are infested with 100's of crawliles.
Any advice would be welcomed of how I can get rid of the bugs. Thanks
Tilly1959

HTH Jenny