Old 07-05-2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default COMPOST QUESTION???

On Sun, 07 May 2006 14:31:57 -0500, O'boy! wrote:

This Spring I bought me a Compost Tumbler. I have just finished the
first batch and it looks real good (dark) and smells great.

I have tilled the compost into the ground in a small spot in my
garden, and it sure changed the texture and looks of the soil. I have
planted several different plants (tomato, pepper and etc.) to see what
they will do.

QUESTION: Do I need to use some plant food or commercial fertilizer
as well as the compost, or is the compost sufficient. I have been
using commercial fertilizer and the soil is just fair.

Thank you for your response- -O'boy!

You'll get larger plants and a better yield using fertilizers. Follow
the label directions. If possible, there is an advantage to apply the
fertilizer, till it in, then plant.