Old 08-05-2006, 07:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

Default Squirrel in my Garden

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote in message
oups.com...
It looks like that bait is used more for pocket gophers and ground
squirrels. The squirrels I have are of the tree squirrel variety (I
think). They run a great deal along the tops of my fences. I'm
wondering how that stuff would work if I put up some sort of feeder
near the top of my fence???

I live in California too!

Check out http://www.wilcodistributors.com/products.htm you want to look for
Wilco Ground Squirrel Bait.

Also read: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7438.html

Tree squirrels are protected, and apparently have a certain hunting season.
Ground squirrels on the other hand are open season. You can either buy one
of the special squirrel feeders. I just put a few pellets in a 4" wide pvc
pipe, since I don't have any pets or children in my yard, I just need to
protect it from turning into bird food.

-S