Old 08-05-2006, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Brassica seeds, pots or garden?

Broadback wrote:
Most of my brassica seed packets say sow into a bed, however which do
the team do, also has anyone done both, in which case which was the
best? Also if individual pots how many seeds per pot to ensure at least
one strong plant will result? I've sowed a load into pots, using 6-8
seeds per pot and am wondering how many will germinate, all things being
equal.
--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.

I sowed kohlrabi and red cabbage straight into my veg patch last year.
Both did so terrifically well I had bother keeping up with the crop.
This year, I bought brussels sprout seedlings, which have gone into the
ground this week end. It's a bit early to say how well those are
doing...

Cat(h)