Old 08-05-2006, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Brassica seeds, pots or garden?

"Broadback" wrote
Most of my brassica seed packets say sow into a bed, however which do the
team do, also has anyone done both, in which case which was the best?
Also if individual pots how many seeds per pot to ensure at least one
strong plant will result? I've sowed a load into pots, using 6-8 seeds
per pot and am wondering how many will germinate, all things being equal.

Due to a Flea Beatle (and possible Club Root) problem we grow ours at home
in Rootrainers filled with Levingtons Multi-purpose compost. Normally put
one or two seeds per section and weed out the weediest one if two come up.
Germination is normally quite good.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden