Old 08-05-2006, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default Brassica seeds, pots or garden?

:
: "Broadback" wrote
: Most of my brassica seed packets say sow into a bed, however which do
the
: team do, also has anyone done both, in which case which was the best?
: Also if individual pots how many seeds per pot to ensure at least one
: strong plant will result? I've sowed a load into pots, using 6-8 seeds
: per pot and am wondering how many will germinate, all things being
equal.

I always sow thinly into 6 inch or so pots and plant out individually from
them as this gives them a start free of club root and any bugs in the soils