Old 08-05-2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Mint Containment

"Butzmark" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 May 2006 03:16:07 -0400, "Virgil Caine"
wrote:

I love this mint plant. It has grown like crazy. However, it is very
invasive and is shooting roots into neighboring plants and sprouting
everywhere and all around.
I learnt that it should be contained by planting in space with no-out. I
am
thinking of planting it in an old Fish tank and bury the fish tank into
the
ground. I inherited this fish tank (1.5 ft deep X 4 ft wide X 2 ft high)
when we
moved into this old house. Has anyone done this? What are the problems if
do this?

I planted it in a plastic flower pot that I buried in the ground to
just below the rim three years ago and so far it's done fine. It's a
large pot about two feet in diameter and probably as deep. It's one of
the ones that looks like clay. It has a drain hole in the bottom.

It's drilling holes in that pot right now. spooky movie music here, please