Old 09-05-2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ted Swirsky

Default Need help identifying two plants.

It's early May and I'm in South Jersey and have a weed and a flower I'd
like help identifying.

The first is some kind of weed that just started growing in a few places.
I was going to let it go for a while but noticed it had fine, stiff,
sharp, hairs all
along the stems so I said the heck with that baby, and dug it up. I would
still like
to know what it is.

http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/055unknown1.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/057unknown1.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/058unknown1.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/059unknown1.jpg

The second is a flower (probably an annual) I purchased at a flower stand
in one
of those divided plastic plant starters. The man told me it did not like
full sun and
the name was something like terrginia or torrinia but he wasn't sure and I
can't find it
in my books.

http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/073unknown2.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/074unknown2.jpg