Old 09-05-2006, 01:10 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.gardens
BobS

Default Could use some advice/input about having two custom pergolas built

It's a 20-ish kid with the right saw(s). I have no clue if he is up to
it or not, but if I supervise for quality control, we might be able to get
the job done. I can't really afford to pay a carpenter to build me custom
ones. The regular ones around here run $500 and up apiece; only a
carpenter would take on building to my specs. I've had a couple of
carpenters who didn't do things right. The really good ones will charge a
lot.

I may have to enlist others to help and do all or part of it myself. My
main concern is getting the proportions right. It looks like some grooves
may have to be routed.

Thanks for responding.

Suggest you do a Google search on "Pergola Plans" and either find some free
or low cost plans that may be close enough and then modify them to suit your
taste.

Bob S.