Old 09-05-2006, 02:24 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default 2 baby koi, 1 baby plant

"Olde Hippee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Last summer we found the first 3 babies we have ever had in our pond.
They had hidden in the lower drainpipe(which was clogged and not in
use.) They're about 6" now. Hoping for more this summer.
And wouldn't ya know, the day the bacteria for the filter arrived, it
was like a miracle. The algae had disappeared overnight and the pond
was crystal clear. Never have had it disappear that quickly before.
Maybe just having this stuff around will scare the algae away forever.
Ha!
Sure is nice to see all the wet pets instead of just noses!!

==================
Speaking of algae. My 2000g is as bad as it's ever been. As soon as we get
the chance to we're putting the UV light back on it for the first time in a
few years. It's loaded with plants but still pea soup. Visibility is near
zero and it was cleaned out this spring. We removed 7 young adult koi so
there's even less fish. We're still working on the 800g pond, now 890g
since we fixed the berm permanently. We also fixed a drainage problem
around the 2 ponds this past week. There'll be all new landscaping around
the smaller pond........ it's a lot of work. It turned into a bigger job
that we had anticipated.

Some of the tanks behind the house (150g to 680g) are clear and others are
green. Go figure........
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.