Old 08-05-2006, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default bamboo leaves

DB01 writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
roups.com...

what about the leaves, should i pull the dead ones off?

I'd wait and see if they drop off of their own accord. It's also
possible that it's simply getting rid of old leaves and will put on new
ones, so to be honest, I'd be inclined to leave the poor thing alone
and just don't drown it! ;-)

I'm not recommending it as a growing method, but I've frequently had my
pot-grown bamboo curl its leaf edges together as an indication that it's
dry and trying to conserve water, and it hasn't done it lasting harm. As
a rule of thumb 'too dry' is a problem with plants less often than 'too
wet', and it's a lot quicker to correct!

The leaves are hiding the brill black stems.

If the leaves are dead, there won't be any harm in removing them. I envy
you your capacity for patience.
--
Kay