Old 09-05-2006, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Composting rhubarb leaves

"George.com" wrote in message

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, now that, thanks to the good advice of URG denizens, I have
started to harvest my rhubarb (6 pots of jam made this w/e), what can I
do with the leaves?
I gather they are toxic (oxalic acid, if memory serves) and therefore I
wonder should I keep them out of the compost heap?
If so, what can I do with them? They are currently wilting away near
the plants themselves.

Cat(h)

compost the rhubarb stalks in a bowl of custard.

rob

compote ;-)

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007