Old 09-05-2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal

Default Snail eradication?

On Mon, 08 May 2006 16:48:34 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:

Non-chemical, a couple of koi, course they won't get them in the filter.
I've never heard of snails eating live plants, except the Apple Snail,
which gets humongous.

You may be right, the thought of snails not eating plants never
occurred to me, but I can't believe they add anything to the pond
except a snack for koi and the occasional parasite. I think I would
like to remove them completely, and I don't think fish will be able to
do that. I realize they may be transported in again, but I'd like to
start over.

Regards,

Hal