Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Brassica seeds, pots or garden?

"Broadback" wrote ((SNIP))
Incidentally
brassicas always wilt when transplanted for a few days, my Father reckoned
that if they are stood up first thing in the mornings (never seem to get
up early enough myself) then they will be ok.

That's one of the reasons I use Rootrainers, the plants have their own
individual "pot" which comes apart like a book so you plant it out without
any root disturbance and therefore no check on growth. Expensive but worth
it IMO especially with cauliflowers which hate any check to growth.
For those that don't know what I'm prattling on
about....www.rootrainers.co.uk/home

--
Regards
Bob Hobden