Old 10-05-2006, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default Hydrangea needs help

On 9 May 2006 17:13:04 -0700, "Bette" wrote:

We recently discovered a plant in need of care.
One Hydrangea has dead stalks, but towards the soil we notice new
green growth of small leaves.

Shall I proon this back or take a shovel and replace it with another.
Thanks.
Bette

Mine does that too. There are various kinds of hydrangeas. I'm in
TN. In late fall I put a ring of chicken wire around the hydrangea
then fill it up with leaves. After the last frost I remove the
leaves. The plant looks dead but soon new leaves emerge, then it
flowers.