Old 16-03-2003, 02:20 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Houston has 12:00 hours of light today

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Really? How did you accomplish that with the Equinox a week away?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the

oncoming
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

I thought the same that the equinox was on 20th or 21st March but my
ephemeris says that on 16 March at Houston sunrise and sunset are 12 hrs
apart, it also says that here (Sydney) we don't reach the same condition
until 25th March, whereas in New York NY (how far from there are you?)
it is the17th.

Assuming that my ephemeris is accurate I have no explanation for these
small discrepancies.

David