Old 16-03-2003, 02:20 AM
E. Mito

Default recommended aquarium plants for goldfish tank

In article NnQca.120619$qi4.60751@rwcrnsc54, "WD"
writes:

"s g" wrote in message
I have a 125g goldfish tank that I will be setting up soon and was

wondering
about recommended plants to put into it and dealers. I have medium sized

Goldfish, IME, will eat most plants. My MIL has a 40 gallon gf tank and just
*continually* replaces anacharis.

I helped a friend stock his goldfish aquarium with clippings from my own tank,
including foxtails, wisteria, ludwigia mullerti (or possibly repens; not 100%
sure on the species), and rotala indica. He had problems with the GF uprooting
his plants before and switched to fake plants for several months. When he
planted the clippings I gave him, he said his fish seemed to like swimming in
and around the foliage but did not uproot anything.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm