Old 16-03-2003, 02:56 AM
zxcvbob

Default recommended aquarium plants for goldfish tank

WD wrote:

"s g" wrote in message
I have a 125g goldfish tank that I will be setting up soon and was

wondering
about recommended plants to put into it and dealers. I have medium sized

Goldfish, IME, will eat most plants. My MIL has a 40 gallon gf tank and just
*continually* replaces anacharis. I keep trying to get her to give up buying
it, all that did was make her restock it from *my* overly successful
anacharis. They don't seem to bother the anubius nana or java fern, though.

I've had a planted GF tank with "jungle val", Amazon swords, elodea, and
java ferns. The fish didn't bother the val or the java ferns at all.
They nibbled on the swords a little but didn't cause a lot of damage.
When the swords were small, the fish would uproot them. They really ate
the elodea, but it grows so fast it was able to almost keep up with
them.

Hope this helps,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join
the search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/