Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ether Jones

Default First Lawnmower

My Sears Craftsman is 20 years old this spring. It has never had any
trouble; never been to a repair shop. Still using the original spark
plug. Air filter has been changed once. Starts on the first pull
every time.

At the end of every season, I change the oil (Mobil 1), clean the air
filter, clean the underside of the mower deck, sharpen the blade (with
my bench grinder), and put a dash of StaBil in the gas tank (and run
the engine to get it into the carb).

Of course, I bought this machine 20 years ago. I have no idea what is
the quality of the mowers Sears is selling in 2006.