Old 10-05-2006, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alfred Falk

Default Norway Spruce

emimec wrote in
:

I have a small Christmas tree ( Norway Spruce) in the garden. There are
hundreds of new shoots all over it, but the inner branches seem to be
brown and dying? I now notice that lots of branches are showing signs
of yellowing all along them up to the new shoots? Anyone any ideas why
this is happening? is it dying? starving? ( London ) I'm not really a
gardener with any knowledge.

Likely normal. The old inner branches are shaded by the new outer growth
and die off. Spruce trees get to be hollow as they age.

A L B E R T A Alfred Falk
R E S E A R C H Information Systems Dept (780)450-5185
C O U N C I L 250 Karl Clark Road
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
http://www.arc.ab.ca/ T6N 1E4
http://www.arc.ab.ca/staff/falk/