Old 10-05-2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Duckweed

On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:42:03 +0100, Mike Burn wrote:

Help ! First timer on this group, with a problem - Duckweed. I have never
knowingly introduced it to my pond, but now it is taking over, and the three
fish are no longer seen (Ghost Carp and goldfish). What ferocious fish can I
introduce to devour the duckweed ? (But not the other fish.
Mike

Hmmm, that's a new one, usually the fish you have are suggested to eat it.
Stop feeding them, I assume you are? They will eat the duckweed. If that
doesn't work, get a Japanese Koi over 6" (course all fish should go thru a
minimum 6 week quarantine, especially koi, before going in your pond).
http://tinyurl.com/55kv6 ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~