Old 10-05-2006, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ron Clark

Default Moving house - transplanting pear tree

On Sat, 6 May 2006 16:14:37 +0100, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote this (or the missive included this):

A super plant-I can see why you want to move it (regardless of the
sentimental attachments).
It's not the best time but with care I guess you will stand a very good
chance of moving it.

Anything is worth a try if there is no alternative.

6 years ago I had to move a large standard Holly tree to make room for
a conservatory. I cut round it as wide as possible and gave it tlc,
water etc but it languished for 5 years with few leaves and very
little new growth. Today it is happy and rampant, the long wait
and attention was worth it. I couldn't buy it today for £400.

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³