Old 11-05-2006, 11:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Peter Ashby

Default Paphio question

I have a Paphiodedilum I bought in flower nearly a year ago. It flowered
for a long time but finished two months ago. Before it finished
flowering it began to grow a new plant above the old one. I have
recently cut the old dead leaves from the original plant and can see two
small new plants lower down the stem.

The first seen new plant is now almost large enough to flower again, but
I am unsure what to do about the two extra new growths. For instance,
can I at some point pot them up as separate plants and if so how? should
I remove them to ensure flowering of the large new plant?

I have kept orchids (Phals, Oncidiums, Cambria etc) for a number of
years but this is my first Phaphio (my wife fell in love with the
flowers).

Any suggestions?

Peter