Old 11-05-2006, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Small Red Robin

Default Seeds are sprouted ... but what do I do next?

I've been trying to grow plants from seeds this year instead of buying
seedlings from nurseries. I now have sproutlings for cosmos, dwarf
delphiniums, flat leaf parsley, bidens, nigella. I know that you need
to pinch out basil (I've got loads of this too) and fushias to get
decent bushy plants. Do I need to do the same for any of the seeds I
mentioned above?

I'm just about to prick them out and not sure if I should pinch, and if
so, at what size.

Many thanks.