Old 11-05-2006, 03:46 PM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default Could use some advice/input about having two custom pergolas built

"Roy" wrote in message
Try this site. Lots of WW mags have run articles like this, and a few
of them offer free online
plans. You might find something you like there.

www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com

Great site. Thousands of articles are included.

I will take a look at it, but I ordered two kit arbors just exactly like
the one in the photo I posted except cedar wood. Thank you. There
might be other things I'd be interested in. I once had the cutest
little hexagon plant stand that was homemade I dragged home when my aunt
died, and it has disappeared as have other things. I have tried and
tried to find one exactly like it on ebay, but none as pretty as the one
I had. The legs had a pretty keyhole cut and the top was rounded off.
I've looked at books of old plans, and do have a writeup with approx
instructions for that, but I would never be able to duplicate that exact
keyhold cut for the legs unless I find the original plans. I could
possibly draw it out and come close, but I fear not close enough.

Thanks!

Regards,
Roy

On Tue, 09 May 2006 15:25:47 GMT, "I Love Lucy"
wrote:

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
That's not a pergola in my opinion.

Yes, it's called an arbor. I don't know the difference really. I
wouldn't class it as a trellis although it has one incorporated in the
design.

That's a basic arbor that can be built with
very basic hand tools.

I found and ordered a kit for two different sizes, thanks to a poster
who encouraged me to do a massive search (had before), after looking
at
umpteen photos, I found one. Now that I know the design names, I can
google them and come up with all sorts of places that sell the exact
same thing.

Lowes or Home Depot will have several books on
"Garden Structures"...

:-). I have a bad habit of buying a book, then never get the real
thing. I do have a book of plans for gazebos somewhere around here.
don't really have room for one of those; the arbors will suffice. If
they hold together.

I Love Lucy wrote:

For the last several years, I've had my heart set on having two
pergolas built EXACTLY like the one I posted at the link, 155 KB
slow
to download right now for me, hope it doesn't cause problem, hasn't
before that size with high speed:

http://www.white-peacock.com/Pergola.jpg