Old 11-05-2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Duckweed

On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:24:17 -0500, "Koi-Lo" wrote:
There is a duckweed that GF and koi will not eat no matter how hungry they
are.

Yes, you're very right! We could have a misidentification here.

Look up Azolla & Duckweed and compare the pictures.

Ingrid mentioned skimmers. There are skimmers that don't have to be built
in, work on a small pump w/spray bar that push surface debris into a net.
This might work very well for you, if what you have is Azolla not Duckweed.
Japanese Koi, go for the cheaper pond quality ones, locally we can get
them under $25. ;o) ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~