Old 11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Pest Effects Pest Effects is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Hi,

This may or may not be easy to answer, but I noticed in the last month
that I have a big swarm of annoying little black flies swarming in my
back garden around my back door over my patio.

I can't see anything that would be attracting them (its pretty dry, no
food, compost or anything). They are really annoying due to the fact
every time I go out of my backdoor the cloud confronts me. I am not
sure how many there are, it doesn't seem a massive number but they
seem to have taken up residence outside my backdoor, adjacent to my
side gate, there is also a 6 foot fence there. Its a shady spot that
the sun only gets to later in the day on account of my gate/fence
blocking a lot of the sun.

I want to eradicate these annoying flies if I can. I seriously hope
they are not going to be hanging around long term, as I want to be
sitting outside my back window in the nice weather. Where will they
live? Why do they seem to love this spot? (I assume because it's
shady and out of the wind). Can I kill them easily? Will they just
return?

Thanks,

Mike
How large are they? If you live near a chicken shed, they could be lesser house flies.