Old 11-05-2006, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Default Four O'Clock seeds

One good note, they are DEATH to Japanese Bettles.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Dwayne" wrote in message
I think you will be OK to just lay them on the ground and rake over them
lightly. My 4 O'clocks dropped the seeds each fall and they came up
volunteer the following spring. If you could duplicate that action, I
believe you will have a nice bed of them.

Dwayne

"axemanchris" wrote in message
.. .
I would like to plant some of these and according to the package it's
about
the right time to do so. Do these seeds need to be nicked or soaked
before
planting? The vague directions on the package don't say anything about
this,
but I had some years ago and seem to recall that Four O'Clocks require
some
intervention on my part to help them sprout.

TIA

Jacqui