Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ted Swirsky

Default Need help identifying one plant

Close, but motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) doesn't seem to be right. The
leaves are different
and mine has really stiff, sharp hairs that motherwort doesn't seem to
have.

But thanks. Next guess?

Ted

On Tue, 09 May 2006 07:11:02 -0400, Pat Kiewicz
wrote:

I think it may be motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca).
http://www.missouriplants.com/Pinkop...iaca_page.html

It is considered a medicinal herb and also an invasive, exotic weed.
Pops up in my yard a lot (but has recently been overwhelmed by an
even more invasive weed, garlic mustard).

Ted Swirsky said:

It's early May and I'm in South Jersey and I have a weed I'd
like help identifying.

It started growing in a few places.
I was going to let it go for a while but noticed it had fine, stiff,
sharp, hairs all along the stems so I said the heck with that baby,and
dug it up. I would still like to know what it is.

http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/055unknown1.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/057unknown1.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/058unknown1.jpg
http://swirsky.notlong.com/misc/059unknown1.jpg