Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

Default Using a reel mower

"Steveo" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
That can be cut with a rotary mower, no?

Why do you want to cut it with a reel?

I was informed that I would get a better end result with a reel
mower, that it was better for the grass.

I would disagree if you're not running a really nice reel with sharp

blades
on a blue/rye/fescue blend. It's best on bent.

the mower is in good nick and blades are sharp. It was in to the shop a
couple weeks ago and had a good thorough going over. What variety of
grass do you consider is best for a reel mower then?

^^See where it says bent? ^^

yeah but what, all types, specific varieties do better than other in your
opinion, what?

rob